Local Truck Driver
Responsible for operating Company vehicular equipment in a safe and efficient manner to facilitate timely pickup and delivery of office furniture and fixtures within Company guidelines and in accordance with state and federal laws.
1. Oversees assigned work crews in the packing, loading and unloading of office furniture and fixtures in a safe and efficient manner to maximize customer service and company profitability.
2. Trains assigned work crews in operational and administrative activities to maximize skill sets and ensure adequately trained personnel.
3. Responsible for accurate completion of all paperwork and for the receipt and accounting of all tendered shipment funds.
4. Responsible for maintaining all vehicular and in-van equipment in accordance with company policy as well as state and federal laws.
5. Where applicable, maintains driver logs in accordance with all state and federal laws.
6. Interfaces with shipper as principle company spokesperson to heighten customer satisfaction.
An average day for a field service crew member covers 8 to 12 hours, 5 to 6 days a week. The typical workday involves repetitious bending, stooping, pushing, rotating the body, lifting and carrying. An individual hired as a field service crewmember must be able to accomplish the following in order to meet the essential functions of the job:
Lifting & Carrying
· 30-80 pounds - routinely
· 80-125 pounds - occasionally (3-5 times daily)
· 125-200 pounds - occasionally (1-2 times daily)
Must be able to lift and carry, in teams of 2 (occasionally 3 or 4), large heavy items such as dressers, pianos, hot tubs, armoires, marble table tops, and heavy wood pieces.
Lifting & Carrying - continued
Lifting & carrying may involve flights of stairs of varying degrees, or various terrains, depending upon access of carry, with an average minimum walking distance of 25 feet.
Bending, Stooping, Body Rotation:
Routine stooping to heft items to be carried.
Routine twisting of the body to lift, place, relocate items (occasionally twisting required on stairs)
· 100-300 pounds - routinely (items on wheeled dollies)
· 300-500 pounds - occasionally (items on wheeled dollies)
Pushing may involve inclines at a 25% angle up and down 14-foot ramp.
1. Furnished collared shirts
2. TTL uniform T-shirts
3. Green uniform pants
4. Green uniform shorts
5. Black shoes (shoe allowance provided)
Compensation: $17.00 to $ 24.00 per hour based off experience
* Denotes "essential functions" in accordance with the guidelines of The Americans with Disabilities Act. The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to; those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of the position.