Performs manual labor tasks, while moving household goods and personal effects, in a safe and efficient manner to facilitate a smooth move process.
1. Responsible for pre and post move in-van equipment preparation and maintenance used while engaging in the moving of household goods and personal effects to ensure adequate equipment inventory control.
2. Performs all loading and unloading duties pertaining to moving household goods and personal goods, as assigned, in a safe and efficient manner to assure a smooth move operation.
3. As needed, performs housekeeping operations to maintain a safe and healthy work place.
An average day for a field service crew member covers 8 to 12 hours, 5 to 6 days a week. The typical work day involves repetitious bending, stooping, pushing, rotating the body, lifting and carrying. An individual hired as a field service crew member must be able to accomplish the following in order to meet the essential functions of the job:
Lifting & Carrying
· 30-80 pounds - routinely
· 80-125 pounds - occassionally (3-5 times daily)
· 125-200 pounds - occasionally (1-2 times daily)
Must be able to lift and carry, in teams of 2 (occasionally 3 or 4), large heavy items such as dressers, pianos, hot tubs, armoires, marble table tops, and heavy wood pieces.
Lifting & Carrying - continued
Lifting & carrying may involve flights of stairs of varying degrees, or various terrains, depending upon access of carry, with an average minimum walking distance of 25 feet.
Bending, Stooping, Body Rotation
Routine stooping to heft items to be carried.
Routine twisting of the body to lift, place, relocate items (occasionally twisting required on stairs)
· 100-300 pounds - routinely (items on wheeled dollies)
· 300-500 pounds - occasionally (items on wheeled dollies)
Pushing may involve inclines at a 25% angle up and down 14 foot ramp.
1. Furnished collared shirts
2. S&M uniform T-shirts
3. Navy blue uniform pants
4. Navy blue uniform shorts
5. Black shoes (shoe allowance provided)
Compensation: $14.00 to $ 18.00 per hour based off experience