Questions for a Moving Company:
Finding the right company to trust with moving your valuables can be a challenge. The list of questions below will lead to finding a reputable company:
- How long has the company been in business?
- How long has the salesperson or estimator you’re speaking with been in the industry?
- Is your agent certified?
- Have any complaints been filed against the company? If so, what were they and what measures have they taken to rectify the situation? Check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Does their van line have a formal quality rating program? If so, what are these scores, and can you see them?
- Is there a third-party service provider that will be involved in moving specialty items like a pool table, piano, or grandfather clock? If so, who are they?
- First impressions really do count. Judge your estimator on their professionalism, attention to detail, and responsiveness to your inquiries.
- Also, make sure they give a thorough explanation of their pricing and process. For example, if the estimate is binding or non-binding. These things can be very telling of the company philosophy and how comfortable you’ll be in working with them.
If the company is local, drive-by their establishment to see what kind of condition the building and trucks are kept.
At S&M Moving, our professional local move teams are efficient, orderly, and know your city and community. We provide a full range of services to assist you and your family in your next local move. Stop on by S&M Moving and we’ll give you a tour!
Communication With A Moving Company Is Key
Honest communication with your moving company is important for several reasons:
- Accurate Moving Quotes: If you are not honest with your moving company about the amount and type of items you are moving, you may receive an inaccurate moving quote. This can result in unexpected fees or delays on moving day.
- Safety: Your moving company needs to know about any special requirements or safety concerns related to your move, such as large or heavy items, fragile items, or hazardous materials. This information helps them to plan and execute the move safely and efficiently.
- Smooth Coordination: If you have any specific requests or requirements for your move, such as a specific moving date or time, it is important to communicate these to your moving company early on. This can help ensure that everything is coordinated smoothly and that there are no last-minute surprises.
- Trust: Building trust with your moving company through honest communication can help you feel more confident and at ease during the moving process. It also helps your moving company understand your needs and priorities, and can lead to a more positive overall experience