Questions for a Moving Company:
Finding the right company to trust with moving your valuables can be a challenge. The list of questions below will lead to finding a reputable van line:
- How long has the company been in business?
- How long has the salesperson or estimator you’re speaking with been in the industry?
- Is your agent certified?
- Have any complaints been filed against the company? If so, what were they and what measures have they taken to rectify the situation? Check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Does their van line have a formal quality rating program? If so, what are these scores, and can you see them?
- Is there a third-party service provider that will be involved in moving specialty items like a pool table, piano, or grandfather clock? If so, who are they?
- First impressions really do count. Judge your estimator on their professionalism, attention to detail, and responsiveness to your inquiries.
- Also, make sure they give a thorough explanation of their pricing and process. For example, if the estimate is binding or non-binding. These things can be very telling of the company philosophy and how comfortable you’ll be in working with them.
If the company is local, drive-by their establishment to see what kind of condition the building and trucks are kept.
At S&M Moving, our professional local move teams are efficient, orderly, and know your city and community. We provide a full range of services to assist you and your family in your next local move. Stop on by S&M Moving and we’ll give you a tour!